It turns out lots of things have more potassium than a banana! Here’s a guide to the tastiest choices.
USDA: National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference Legacy Release: “Basic Report: 09038, Avocados, raw, California,” “Basic Report: 09040, Bananas, raw,” “Basic Report: 09326, Watermelon, raw.” “Basic Report: 11458, Spinach, cooked, boiled, drained without salt,” “Basic Report: 11483, Squash, winter, accord, cooked, baked, without salt,” “Basic Report: 15209, Fish, salmon, Atlantic, wild, cooked, dry heat.”
NIH Office of Dietary Supplements: “Potassium: Fact Sheet for Consumers,” “Potassium: Fact Sheet for Health Professionals.”
OSU Linus Pauling Institute Micronutrient Information Center: “Carotenoids,” “Potassium.”
What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl: “Cooked Beans,” “Marinated Three-Bean Salad.”
Joslin Diabetes Center: “Healthy Cooking Techniques and Diabetes,” “Let them eat potatoes.”
Cleveland Clinic: “Recipe: Low-Fat Broccoli and Cheese Baked Potatoes.”
California Dried Plums: “Snack.”
USDA Branded Food Products Database: “Full Report (All Nutrients): 45065813, Crushed Tomatoes, UPC: 085239220894,” “Full Report (All Nutrients): 45085316, Pitted Prunes, Dried Plums, UPC 011213019024,” “Full Report (All Nutrients): 45246070, Simply Orange, 100% Pure Orange Juice, Orange, UPC: 025000055430,” “Full Report (All Nutrients): 45281302, Navel Oranges, UPC: 688267000881,”“Full Report (All Nutrients): 45307750, Kellogg’s Raisin Bran, Raisin and Bran Flake Cereal, UPC: 038000596650,” “Full Report (All Nutrients): 45342968 Raisins, UPC: 046567023946.”
Harvard Health Publishing: “Egg White Omelet With Vegetables and Cheese,” “Salad greens: Getting the most bang for the bite,” “Vegetable of the month: Avocado.”
: “Comparison of Watermelon and Carbohydrate Beverage on Exercise-Induced Alterations in Systemic Inflammation, Immune Dysfunction, and Plasma Antioxidant Capacity.”
NorthShore University HealthSystem: “The 5 Seeds of a Health Diet.”
Harvard School of Public Health: The Nutrition Source: “Winter Squash.”
SNAP Match Cambridge: “Fall Recipes, Tricks and Treats at the Harvard University Farmers’ Market.”
National Foundation for Cancer Research: “Tasty Tomatoes: Anti-Cancer Attributes & A Healthy Recipe.”
Seafood Health Facts: “Omega-3 Content of Frequently Consumed Seafood Products.”
Tufts Health & Nutrition Letter
: “Oranges vs. Orange Juice: Which Is Better for You?”
For More Details : WebMD
- My fave. I’ve eaten the equivalent of one large, whole watermelon in two weeks! ??
- Lots of sources out there! Many we don’t even know!
- @Marwah_hr ??
- We eat a water melon weekly I pack my boyfriend’s lunch with all the veggies an fruit he needs got energy all natural don’t forget the midday snack for extra boost hope you all are packing those lunches for the ones u love ?????an no soda!!
- @AlyaaGad The only reason I like summer, I eat half a melon ? a day ???
- @Vpd83 since you talked about eating watermelon today! Here’s a fun fact for you!!
- Remind me why we’d fight inflammation?
- That’s the actual reason why I like watermelon so much
- But will adding a little bit of salt to it ruin any of that?
- The best fruit in the world there is no competition
- @SeaveyDaniel ??
- Watermelon helps make your dick bigger
- Wouldn’t that depend on the size of the wedge?
- Well as a fruit or a veggie I love it!!!!!! Yummy!!!
- @healthpro49 Love’em.
- Avocado Ice cream makes a little more sense now.
- Never lie to people who are sincere and care and u can never forgive me for my mistake and be friend with the whole twitter and Americans
- Many of the nutrients are found in the skin!
- Take a pill, avoid the carbs!
- I had potato salad with my Pastrami hero.