Photo Credit:Hollywood Reporter
Bradley Cooper is moving onto ‘Nightmare Alley.’
Bradley Cooper might be moving into
Star Is Born
filmmaker has the offer to play the male lead in the Guillermo Del Toro-directed remake, a role that was previously earmarked for Leonardo DiCaprio.
DiCaprio never had a closed deal for the project. It is unclear if Cooper’s deal will close at this early stage, also.
Fox Searchlight, which made del Toro’s
Shape of Water,
is behind the project.
will be based on the novel by William Lindsay Gresham, which was adapted in 1947 into a Fox feature that starred Tyrone Power and Joan Blondel. The story centers on an ambitious con man who hooks up with a female psychiatrist for a mentalist routine, but eventually she turns the tables on him.
Cooper is in talks to play the male lead, Stan Carlisle.
Del Toro wrote the new script with Kim Morgan, and will produce with J. Miles Dale. The film is being financed by del Toro and Dale, with TSG Entertainment.
Cooper, who is repped by CAA, has several projects in various stages of development including his next directing effort— a
set up at Amblin Entertainment and Paramount. He was last in theaters with
, where he returned as the voice of Rocket the raccoon, and acted as a producer on Todd Phillips’ upcoming
For More Details : Hollywood Reporter
- @LeoDiCaprio Damn, was really looking forward to a dicaprio/del toro team up
- @LeoDiCaprio Leo doesn’t get replaced. FYI.
- @LeoDiCaprio @kenjeong @MarkRuffalo Boring! Why doesn’t Brad have his own @Twitter account!? Is he afraid to face me! Ps maybe he’s scared like Mr.Chow! Just a Coupla PunkBitches! ?????????
- @LeoDiCaprio So does this mean he’ll be starring in a #PaulThomasAnderson picture? ?
- @RealGDT Well, he’s got a lot more free time now.
- @RealGDT aka., A Geek Is Born.
- @RealGDT And what did he do to his face …I can’t put my finger on it …but changes were made.
- no give me Leo
- No way!!! ?
- What kind though?
- Dating 21 year olds?
- Give you guys all the perfect ion you attained ##
- LOL UNCLE N SHIT