Photo Credit:Bon Appétit
We didn’t think coffee cake could get any more perfect, but we decided to throw some blueberries into this recipe. For the record, it got better.
2 cups fresh (or frozen, thawed) blueberries (about 10 ounces)
1 tablespoon panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
Whisk flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in nuts. Add butter; using your fingertips, work butter into dry ingredients until large, moist crumbs begin to form. Set topping aside. DO AHEAD: Can be made 5 days ahead. Cover and chill.
Preheat oven to 350°. Coat pan with nonstick spray. Line bottom with parchment paper; set aside. Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 3/4 cup sugar and butter in a medium bowl until light and fluffy, 3–4 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating to blend between additions and occasionally scraping down sides of bowl, until mixture is pale and fluffy, 3–4 minutes longer.
With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients to bowl in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Pour half of batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Whisk remaining 3 Tbsp. sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over batter in pan. Spoon remaining batter over; smooth top.
Toss blueberries with panko in a small bowl; scatter evenly over batter. Sprinkle crumb topping over blueberries.
Bake cake until top is golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 55–65 minutes. Let cool completely in pan. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Cakes Ale in Decatur GA
For More Details : Bon Appétit
- @baruchisonfire this is definitely the boogs coffee cake and I miss it, and you, so i’m gonna make it & tink of you 🖤
- What size pan?
- Yes please 🧁😊
- Ok! What time should I stop by?
- This is in the oven rn. We shall see 🙌🏼
- Old fashioned until y’all lose your phones. 😏
- @readithere007 Looking Awesome! @appetiite & @readithere007
- @Purplegarter1 Stop it already!!😋😋
- One of my best friend’s first loves is coffee cake (after her family). It’s good stuff. I made her one and she really loved it.