The officer who shot and killed Rayshard Brooks has been arrested.
The former Atlanta cop who shot
in the back and killed him has now been charged with felony murder, and the cop’s partner has agreed to testify against him.
Fulton County District Attorney
announced 11 charges against
, including multiple acts of aggravated assault. Howard made particular notice that Rolfe kicked Brooks while he lay dying.
Howard made it clear … he does not believe Rolfe feared for his life in any way, shape or form. Howard noted Brooks had been cordial, cooperative and calm for more than 41 minutes. The D.A. said Rolfe was not motivated by fear but rather”another type of emotion.” Howard didn’t specifically say which emotion, but did say you can hear Rolfe right after he shot Brooks say,”I got him.”
It’s especially significant the other cop,
, has turned state’s evidence, and he’ll make a statement soon on what happened, but the D.A. says psychologically he’s not up to it right now.
Atlanta Police Department
Howard has charged Brosnan with aggravated assault — he’s on video stepping on Brooks’ shoulder.
He’s also been charged with failure to render timely aid. He could face more than 20 years in prison, but it’s almost certain he’ll get way less for cooperating.
Video of the incident shows
Brooks was shot
by Rolfe during a chase in a Wendy’s parking lot after Brooks had obtained one of the officer’s Tasers and was attempting to flee arrest following a failed breathalyzer test.
This is a sea change to the extent prosecutors have now sent a message to cops they don’t have to blindly stand by colleagues who cross the line.
Play video content
Howard said his office talked to multiple witnesses and reviewed a number of videos and other physical evidence before reaching the decision to charge them.
The D.A. is recommending a $50,000 bond for Brosnan and no bond at all for Rolfe. Both men have until Thursday night to surrender.
For More Details : TMZ
- The world is upside down.
- Great news!!!
- This is bullshit. The cop was just doing his job.
- We will have no rest to defend our black people
- Justice or politics?
- That’s f@$& up!
- Now wait a sec lol
- Oh wow
- They are being overcharged, they will not be convicted of it, and there will be riots
- When the madness subsides and the charges are dropped, these officers need to sue the ever loving shit out of Atlanta!
- The entire APD should walk off the job immediately.
- The amount of people that complain about cops would do the same thing or would end up dead for freezing in a high stress life/death situation.
- Bullshit charges, that he will be found not guilty on! Police brutality exist, but this is not it! Don’t punch a cop in the face and take his weapon , then turn and shoot it at him and you might not get shot!
- Lol no court in the country will charge him
- Convictions No?
- Rolfe will walk and the other dingbat will be left holding the ball for acting like a traitor. Enjoy
- They look like @realDonaldTrump supporters! #DefundThePolice
- Total bullshit it’s disgusting these officers did nothing wrong this liberal DA is doing nothing but trying to appease the black population in Atlanta.
- Fighting cops is now ok ? Great message to send Democrats
- ok thats really fucked up rayshard resisterd aresst and the death penalty is not ok
- Good 🥰♥️
- That’s messed up.
- This is so wrong.
- So he took a taser from a cop, AFTER he failed a breathalyzer, THEN took off running with said taser, THEN pointed said taser at cop, THEN he got shot? Don’t steal a taser and don’t run from cops
- That’s not okay, they shot when they needed to, they waited as long as possible to shoot, they only shot when their life was in danger, this is not okay, they shouldn’t be charged
- …imagine how many tyrant cops could be charged, and convicted if the DA’s weren’t corrupt in most places….
- Amen 🙏
- Got Em‼️Shootin Ppl in the back isn’t doing your job it’s murder straight like that‼️
- Death penalty….wow.
- Good fuck them cops
- They’re being over charged on purpose, nothing will come of this and they’ll be acquitted
- Electric chair his ass
- @McConnieA that was quick.
- Very vexed issue that…. He will have a good case when you thoroughly read the Georgia legislation…
- People need to focus on the government level and not the individual police. They have a powerful boss (leader)!
- Its awful what they are doing to this officer, brooks attacked and disarmed a polkce officer and pointed a stun gun at them when it could have easily been a real pistol. I pray this officer beats these bull shit charges,
- Good 🙌🏼👏🏼👏🏼
- What is happening? Is it that racists now encourage themselves to join the police so they can have the opportunity to kill blacks ‘lawfully?’
- I’ve never ever felt so happy
- I remember when I got hammered, drove drunk, passed out behind the wheel, fought the cops for trying to arrest me for my criminal activity, steal his taser, try to shoot him…..oh wait, I NEVER DID THAT
- Gonna mention the DA is being investigated for sexual harassment or is that meaningless to you?
- Like this tweet
- Yeah I saw the video it was bad, but it wasn’t the cops fault, the guy took his taser and the cop had to defend himself.
- Why will criminals comply with the law now? Why will they not flee if they know they cant be shot?
- Hope he sues atlanta when the charges are dropped
- The DA two weeks ago said a taser is a deadly weapon
- HELL NOT THRG SHOULD NOT BE CHARGE AT ALL
- Is there a misdemeanor murder?
- Fuckin ridiculous #policelivesmatter
- Nice don’t bring him back ick stinks
- More justice!!!
- white privilege
- Good keep charging, one day these cops will actually get convicted.
- DA in a runoff election insulting his constituents.
- Oh my god so fucked up were even charging this officer he was clearly in the right. Rayshard broke the law by running from officers and using a weapon on the cop.
- They should be both given death penalty or life in the Big House.
- Waiting for yall to tweet convicted
- If you think this is the right call, can you do me the favor of telling me what you think the cops should have done? Let him taze them? Let him run away…with a taser?
- They look like klan members
- A political lynching. A cop just doing his job. No one who has seen that video can honestly agree with these charges. All these instances of Democrats insanity must be remembered this fall. The election must be the pushback on this lawlessness……or let the war begin.
- Bout time..You know what..
- DA and mayor is an embarrassment to Atlanta
- Kinda don’t like the fact that my taxes might get them fed
- 🔥 fry em
- If that guy was white he dies as well! Even if he didn’t have the criminal rap sheet that thug did!!!!
- You do all know that the mayor is black, district attorney is black, and police is over 50% black. This has nothing to do with race.
- This is going to be a very tough prosecution…
- What about all the shit academy teaches tha baton the choke hold they love doing what about back up pepper spray amongst all the other crazy bullshit on that fake ass batman belt .no excuse.that is not the way justice is served
- So when a suspect kills a cop, there’s no death penalty but when a cop kills a suspect, there’s a death penalty…….. Yeah, that makes sense.