Photo Credit:The Cut
Everything you need for a steamy viewing experience.
Photo: Shutterstock, Lost City When getting ready to Netflix and chill, either solo or with a partner, it can help to have a few options at the ready so you don’t waste precious time looking for the perfect pick. And now that we’re social-distancing, we need more good movie options than ever. From classics like Y Tu Mamá También and Blue Is the Warmest Color to newer fare like Babysitter and Cam, the following movies are packed full of the kind of sexual tension you could cut with a knife — and all available on Netflix.
1. Blue Is the Warmest Color (2013) Photo: Alcatraz/Canal+/Kobal/Shutterstock One of the hottest movies on Netflix right now, this French indie flick follows two women who have an enormously tortured romance but even more sexual connection. The first time I watched this movie, I tuned in with my parents, and I would, ahem, not recommend doing that.
2. Elisa and Marcela (2019) Photo: QUIM VIVES/Netflix This period flick is packed with tension as Elisa Sanchez Loriga masquerades as a man in order to be with the woman she loves. Set in Spain in 1901, this is the perfect choice for those wanting a dash of passion, sex, yearning, and historical fiction.
3. Horns (2013) Photo: Doane Gregory/Red Granite/Mandalay Pictures/Kobal/Shutterstock/Doane Gregory/Red Granite/Mandalay Pictures/Kobal/Shutterstock If you ever had a crush on Harry Potter while growing up, you might be interested in watching Horns. Daniel Radcliffe plays a boy mourning the mysterious death of his high school sweetheart and who begins to grow horns out of his forehead. As the horns manifest on his physical form, everyone around him begins to reveal their most personal desires.
4. The One I Love (2014) Photo: Duplass Brothers/Kobal/Shutterstock If you’re looking for something that doesn’t necessarily involve two people that are passionately in love, this movie with Elisabeth Moss and Mark Duplass might suit you well. A couple that’s sunk into a bit of a funk takes a weekend away to spend time recouping together. Suddenly they come face to face with versions of each other that are alluring and passionate, and they become filled with lust for each other. They soon find out that the house they’re staying in might have something to do with their newfound energy.
5. Duck Butter (2018) Photo: Youtube Two women, played by Alia Shwkat and Laia Costa, connect and strike up some immediate sexual and romantic chemistry and decide to go on an epic 24-hour date.
6. Newness (2017) Photo: Lost City A modern take on the meet-cute film that’s packed with sexual tension. This couple falls for each other after meeting on a hookup app, and try to stay in love while also seeing other people.
7. Below Her Mouth (2016) Photo: Courtesy Everett Collection If your requirements for a solid movie night pick involve sex and drama, then this is a perfect selection for you. Two women — one a fashion editor who’s engaged to someone else — start an affair. The movie is supercharged with tension as their affair threatens to upend both their lives.
8. American Honey (2016) Photo: Moviestore/Shutterstock This road trip movie starring Shia LaBeouf and Sasha Lane is full of sex and debauchery.
9. God’s Own Country (2017) Photo: British Film Institute/Kobal/Shutterstock This steamy British movie focuses on a farmer who strikes up a romance with a worker from Romania. Their desire for each other is totally contagious.
10. Y Tu Mamá También (2001) Photo: Moviestore/Shutterstock In this flirty road-trip romp, two teen boys try to impress an older woman that they cross paths with. This movie is jam-packed with the thrill of spontaneity and teenage lust (and offers plenty of early 2000s nostalgia).
11. Cam (2018) Photo: Netflix Fans of horror and thriller movies might love Cam for a hot, suspenseful, and unnerving experience. In the movie, a cam girl discovers that a doppelgänger has taken over her account; she must track down the perpetrator and reclaim her identity and growing fan base.
12. The Feels (2017) Photo: Everett Collection This movie follows two women, Andi (Constance Wu) and Lu (Angela Trimbur) celebrating their bachelorette weekend with friends ahead of their wedding. When Lu admits that she’s lacking in some aspects of their sex life, they must work together to find a solution.
13. Chloe (2009) Photo: Moviestore/Shutterstock Julianne Moore, Liam Neeson, and Amanda Seyfried practically invent the concept of a love triangle in this film. Moore’s character suspects her husband of cheating on her and hires Chloe, played by Seyfried, to test his willpower. Soon all three characters find themselves a bit more caught up than they intended.
14. Love (2015) Photo: Wild Bunch If you’re interested in a movie that takes a sexy, edgy walk down memory lane, this Gaspar Noé film might be perfect for you. Upon hearing that an ex of his has gone missing, a man recalls memories from their passionate relationship that occurred years ago.
15. Babysitter (2017) Photo: Tony Rivetti Jr., SMPSP/© 2015 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc./Netflix Fans of adventure, suspense, and horror will be intrigued by this Netflix original in which a kid realizes his hot babysitter is part of a Satanic cult. Perfect for anyone who was ever presented with the simultaneous gift and curse of a hot babysitter.
16. The Boss’s Daughter (2015) Photo: Netflix In this French tale of forbidden love, a young woman starts spending time in her father’s struggling textile factory — only to strike up a steamy affair with the shop’s foreman. What follows is passionate, if unsurprisingly messy: Her father objects to the relationship, as do all of his employees (not to mention the man’s wife).
17. Burlesque (2010) Photo: Moviestore/Shutterstock Christina Aguilera plays an aspiring burlesque dancer who must prove her worth to the club’s management (played by Cher and Stanley Tucci). Elaborate dance sequences, secret affairs, and dancer rivalries ensue.
Additional reporting by Jordan Larson.
For More Details : The Cut